So when was the last time you saw a 97 pound five-month-old?
Gertrude is a five month old mastiff puppy - not done growing - who wanted to be photographed with her best friend, 50-something-pound, 8-year-old *human,* Gabriella.
Actually, it was Gabriella's grandparents, Kathy and Dom, and I who cooked up the ballerina idea...they live right near the studio and stopped in because
they had seen our huge Children's Modeling Contest banner outside. Our chat turned into a brainstorm and the idea was hatched...photograph Gabriella, a tiny ballerina with their gigantic family pet.
In my ignorance I thought this was a great idea - I hadn't seen the dog but I'd heard that mastiffs were 'big' dogs. Then the day before the session, Gertrude dragged Kathy in and in a whirlwind of fur and saliva, Gertrude licked everything in the studio including me and a customer I was helping.
As Gertrude dragged Kathy out the door and I heard a distant, "see you tomorrow!" I admit I had a pang of doubt.
Boy was I wrong - Kathy had sewed Gertrude a beautiful tutu to match Gabriella's! Brilliant! And Gertrude was an angel after she settled in and gave the place a good sniffing.
And may I just say that little Gabriella was perfect? She loves to pose and was so very patient with Gertrude. Pose after pose after pose...she maintained her composure and really made it easy for me to capture lots of great images...it was very hard choosing a favorite.....

That's a fantastic idea~ And it turned out amazing! What a wonderful favorite family memory!
ReplyDelete